OSRS Pirate’s Treasure Quest Guide
Redbeard Frank is the only one who knows the location of pirate treasure, but he’ll only hand over the information for a bottle of Karamja rum.
- Karamja Rum (can be obtained during the quest)
- White Apron (can be obtained during the quest)
- 60 Gold Coins
- 10 Bananas (can be obtained during the quest)
- Spade (can be obtained during the quest)
- Teleport to Varrock
- Teleport to Falador
- Ring of Charos (a) (Free ship travel to Karamja)
Enough combat level to defeat a level 4 NPC.
To start this quest, talk to Redbeard Frank who is located on the northernmost dock in Port Sarim. He will want you to get him some Karamja rum before disclosing the location of the treasure.
If you’ve completed the quest ‘Rum Deal’, your character will ask Redbeard if Braindead rum will work.
Now, you have to head to Karamja. Walk south of the docks and talk to anyone of the three sailors to board to the ship for 30 OSRS gold coins, or you can use your Ring of Charos (a) to travel for free. Once you reach your destination, keep heading west and into the pub.
Once you’ve reached, trade the NPC named Zambo the bartender and buy a Karamja rum for 30 gold coins.
If you try to leave the island with rum in your inventory, the officers will take it away, as Asgarnia has banned the import of intoxicating spirits.
Also, you can’t teleport out of the island. If you do so, the bottle will
What you can do instead is walk to the hut east of the banana plantation and speak to Luthas. Ask him for a job and he will hire you as his worker. Now, enter the banana plantation beside his house and pick 10 bananas from the trees, and then use your rum on the crate that is just east from the hut to hide it inside. You’ll also be able to see an option ‘Fill-crate’, click on it to fill the crate with bananas. Once everything is set, talk to Luther and he’ll give you 30 gold coins to pay your fare back to Port Sarim. When you ask him where the crates go, he will tell you that it goes to Wydin, who is the owner of the food store in Port Sarim.
Once you reach back to the port, make your way to the fishing shop that is just west of where you stand and grab the white apron that is hanging on the back wall. Now, head back to the food store that is just south of the fishing store and talk to Wydin, asking him for a job. Don’t forget to wear the white apron before talking to him, as he’ll only agree to hire you if you’re wearing one. Once that’s over, enter the back room and search the crate that has a banana on top to find the rum that you’ve hidden.
Head back to Redbeard Frank and give him the Karamja Rum, he will then give you a key that will open a chest which is located upstairs in Varrock’s Blue Moon Inn. Make your way to Varrock by either teleporting or travelling and head north of the city’s southern gate to find the inn. Go upstairs, locate the chest at the end of the room and use the key to find a pirate message. This message will give you a clue to the treasure’s location. Now, head to the city of the white knights, Falador.
For this last part, you’ll need a spade which can be obtained from the estate agency just south-west of the park that is in Falador. Once you’ve obtained it, head to the park and find the statue of Saradomin in the middle. Notice the direction to where the statue is pointing, and you’ll see that the configuration of the dirt makes an ‘X’. Stand in the middle of where it intersects and dig using your spade. An angry gardener (Level 4) will appear and attack you out of nowhere, finish him off or run out of the park to avoid fighting. Once the gardener is killed, dig at the same spot again to receive a casket and the quest will be completed.
· 2 Quest points Quest points
· Ability to use the pay-fare option to and from Karamja.
· Access to One-Eyed Hector's Treasure Chest (contains a gold ring, an emerald, and 450 coins).
· When using the Casket received as a reward for completing the quest on Redbeard Frank, the player's character offers to share the treasure with him, but he refuses and insists that the player should keep all of it for their own as they have earned it.
· When the quest was first released, the Karamja rum was tradeable and the bottles would not break if players tried to teleport. Some players simply bought a whole load of rum and sold it to players doing the quest, allowing them to skip a large part of it. When this was posted on fan forums, a Jagex developer saw it and the problem was soon corrected.
· If you have completed Rum Deal before starting this quest, you will ask Redbeard Frank if "Braindead Rum" will do. This is a reference to the rum you brewed during that quest.
· If you give Redbeard Frank some Karamja rum with a sliced banana in it, he will take it at first but will give it back when talked to again, stating that he doesn't like bananas in his rum.
The quest is now complete.